Wednesday, April 02, 2008

BLOGSCAN - GSK Lawyers Have Paxil Video Taken Down

On the Seroxat Sufferers Blog, Robert Fiddaman posted about how legal threats from attorneys for GlaxoSmithKline forced him to take down a video from YouTube which contrasted statements by Dr Alastair Benbow about the Seroxat (Paxil, paroxetine, made by GlaxoSmithKline) controversy with other versions of reality from the news media and the MHRA report. (See our most recent post here about how the MHRA concluded that GSK suppressed clinical research data unfavorable to its product.)

Also, on the Scientific Misconduct Blog, Dr Aubrey Blumsohn perceptively comments on GSK's attack on Fiddaman here. And on the Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry Blog, the anonymous blogger sagely opines here.

ADDENDUM (4 April, 2007) - Again on the Scientific Misconduct Blog, Dr Blumsohn surveyed the considerable discussion in the blogsphere of these events.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Michael Smith and i would like to show you my personal experience with Paxil.

I am 40 years old. Have been on Paxil for 5 years now. Please be careful if coming off, i started to wean myself with out doctors help couldnt afford it. I went from 20 mgs to 10 mgs for a month, then 10 mgs to 5 mgs for a month. Because the 20 mgs were way to strong took 20 for 5 years and was always on edge. After about 1 month on 10 felt a little better. I stopped for 7 days completly and man did I feel like shit man I didn’t want to leave the house , shop! I just started back on 5 mgs to get it back in my system. Who know what is the right amount you have to be the test subject on yourself!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Headaches, tremors, emotional wreck, just the blah's when I 1st started takin wasnt bad, cause I also way taken klonopin.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Michael Smith